The benefits of Baby Yoga Classes
- In one session, babies receive as much physical activity as if they were handled for a few hours. The routines in the class give parents the tools to engage constructively with their babies from birth as a foundation for future regular exercise
- Baby Yoga promotes more and better sleep
- Regular movement promotes a more ‘settled’ behavior with less extreme ups and downs.
Physiological / developmental benefits
- All the babies bodily systems are stimulated, including the digestive and nervous systems
- Baby Yoga offers resources to keep babies contented between feeds and helps alleviate wind and colic
- Baby Yoga reduces the frustration of babies in the transition of one developmental stage to another, while assisting their transitions
- Tactile stimulation has been shown to contribute to the development of the brain and the nervous system.
- Baby yoga helps the parent and baby to get to know each other better through active means of communication that are easy to learn and practice
- New challenges introduced at a pace that babies can absorb and integrate increase their ability to cope positively with new situations
- Active interaction with parents is the foundation for future positive social relations over the early years and beyond
- Joint relaxation is mutually beneficial for parents and babies and enhances non-verbal communication between them. Early birth trauma can be resolved and healed through this loving interaction.